25-27 October 2012
Click on the image to watch the whole footage.
Following the completion of the Truth Commission mission, the second international session of the Iran Tribunal took place in The Hague, on 25, 26 and 27 October 2012. It examined Islamic Republic of Iran’s Violations of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, and International Criminal Law. The Tribunal heard the evidence of 19 witnesses, of whom three were expert witnesses.
The following personalities and international jurists participated as jury members:
- Johann Kriegler, Retired judge of South Africa’s highest court and Constitutional Court of South Africa.
- Patricia Viseur Sellers, Professor and legal consultant in international human rights law, international criminal law, humanitarian law, USA.
- Prof. Dr. John Dugard, Judge ad hoc on the International Court of Justice and Special Rapporteur for both the former United Nations Commission on HR and the International Law Commission, South Africa.
- Professor Michael Mansfield QC, President of the Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers, United Kingdom.
- Margaret Ratner Kunstler, civil rights attorney, author, member of the board of MADRE, an international women’s human rights organization, USA.
- Makau W. Mutua, Professor of International Law, Chairman of the Task Force on the Establishment of a Truth, Justice, and Reconciliation Commission for Kenya.